Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stimulating the mind


In this time of year I enjoy stimulating my mind with the readings of artist, critics, educators and philosophers their ideas thoughts and journeys.
With that I have saved some comments that I enjoyed and hope you will to…………………..

“A belief is something that you think about enough, that holds you apart from the flow of whom you really are or want to be” Abraham

“All Beauty is a making one of opposites, and making opposite is what we are going for in our-self’s” Eli Siegel

“I love the person who is searching, yet I am afraid of the one who thinks he has found the answer. In my life I have much more pleasure with the question than with finding the answer. Except when the answer is another question. This is where the obsession to create begins!” Pascal

“I choose not to paint the reality but rather its effects left with me”
This effect was further described as instinctual. Joan Mitchell

The cubist phenomenology of cognition of objects through a self-conscious reinvention of representation, surrealist phenomenology of mind through self-conscious exploration of the various modes of consciousness itself. Miranda McClintic

“Cubis are metaphors of active human force which does not simply acknowledge the emptiness of the universe, but defies it.” David Smith

“All you need in life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego. Brains don’t mean a shit.”
Capt. Tony Ft. Lauderdale’s mayor 1980

“ What better way to prove you understand a subject, than to make money at it”
Harold Rosenberg

“If at first you don’t succeed- try, try, try again”
Nick Vara