Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A pocket full of change to sit on



I had a complaint about not listing the name of an artist who’s piece I was sitting on in this picture. 
Although I would love to list everyone and every place, there is just to much information.
I am in life not watching virtual reality of life..
I am an artist –
 I collect materials, gathering ideas, photograph, draw, paint, sculpt, weld- 24/7/365.
 I cannot sculpt enough to feel full.
 I love art and the artist but there comes a breaking point to what is physically possible.
I am not nor have I ever claimed to be an art socialite keeping the- who and what of the art world.
I do not remember names well or spell well. 
 I do not have a 9-5 job that I can email and blog, shop, chat & surf my personal stuff, while my boss pays my weekly wage, expense account, insurance, sick and vacation days.
I am a artist!
 Visual is my thing!
So I am very sorry to insult some, but when I am out of the studio and in the world I live life to the fullest. I can't catalog the vast amounts of information I come in contact with.
Be aware that I am an artist living for the experience to be captured by camera, rod or paper.
 I am an artist. I live for the art!
Thanks for visiting
Please check out the ARTwork at my web site- http://www.michellevara.com

By the way- I am in a Johnny Swing chair while visiting Storm King fall of 2009.